The Information to Start with
The Republic of Georgia is located to the east of the Black Sea and to the south of Great Caucasus Mountain Range. In the 41-43 latitude and 40-46 longitude. This region is known as the “South Caucasus” or ” Transcaucasia” currently in Western languages. It shares borders with the Russian federation in the north, Turkey and Armenia in the south and Azerbaijan in the east.
The official language is Georgian, the only language in the Ibera Caucasian family written in ancient script, with its own unique alphabet. Russian, Ossetian, Mingrelian, Armenian, Azeri and Abkhazian are also spoken.
When every second counts:
- Emergency – Ambulance, first aid & police support 24/7
- National Statistics Office – Statistic figures of Georgia
- Georgian Weather – Weather forecast with live cameras
- Tourism Administration – Touristical information & news
- Visa Exempted Countries – List of Visa Free countries
- Visa Needed – Apply for Visa
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs – All Consular Information
- Airports in Georgia – International & Local flights
- Georgian Railway – Train schedule & tickets
- National Bank of Georgia – providing accurate currency exchange rates
- Georgian Road Department – information about hazardous, closed or open roads
- Tbilisi Transport Company – Public transport routes and schedules